We welcome students from a broad region in the Wilmington, Delaware area. No prior music experience is required!
To enroll at the Choir School, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be between the ages of 7 and 17
- Must live in the greater Wilmington, Delaware region
- Must successfully complete a hearing (informal audition) and four-week trial period
Tuition & Scholarships
Tuition is $400 for the entire school year. Full scholarships are available through the State of Delaware’s Purchase of Care program. Our staff will guide families through the scholarship process.
Please contact Dr. Tracy C. McNair to learn more: 302-543-8657 x7, email@example.com
Expectations from Students & Families
- Attend weekly one-on-one mentoring meetings
- Participate in after school study hall at least one day a week
- Participate in enrichment activities, including community outreach
- Participate in Summer Session activities
Practice & Performance
- Attend two or three evening rehearsals per week
- Attend weekly piano and voice lessons
- Perform in weekend concerts from September through June
- Review the choir schedule
- Participate in scheduled rehearsals, services and concerts
- Communicate limited but necessary absences to the Choir School staff
The Application Process
The application process starts with a “hearing.” A hearing is an informal audition that requires no preparation and no prior music experience.
Your child’s hearing will last for approximately 30 minutes, and is designed to evaluate their potential and unique needs. No preparation is needed, and no musical background is required. After the hearing, we will contact you to let you know whether your child can move forward with the enrollment process.
The hearing will focus on the following areas:
- Deportment: professional conduct, including posture and concentration
- Singing: pitch, range and rhythm
- Reading: accuracy and word recognition
- Discipline: following instruction and willingness to learn
The Trial Period
All prospective students who pass their hearing must go through a four-week trial period before being formally enrolled. This period is designed to ensure that the Choir School is a good fit for your child and your family, and vice versa. During this time we encourage you to observe as many rehearsals, performances, and activities as possible.
At the end of the trial period, the student, family and Choir School staff evaluate the experience and decide whether to proceed with enrollment.