After School Program
For students ages 7 – 17 in the greater Wilmington, Delaware area with a focus on professional musical training, leadership and language skills, academic support, and college-bound mentoring.
- Dates: September – June on all weekdays except Friday and national holidays (We follow the Brandywine School District calendar)
- Academics & Enrichment: Activities every afternoon, and one-on-one mentoring once a week during academic year
- Music: Professional, one-on-one piano, voice and musicianship lessons once a week
- Performances: Rehearsals two nights a week, plus numerous public performances
- Health & Wellness: Nutritious meals provided by the City of Wilmington
- Tuition: Tuition is $400 per year. Full scholarships are available after applying for Purchase of Care through the State of Delaware. Our staff is ready to assist with your Purchase of Care application.
Musical Theater Summer Camp
The Choir School’s annual Musical Theater Summer Camp connects youth to arts education opportunities and combats summer learning loss. Camp operates Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm, for five weeks in June and July. Students put on a fully-staged musical, performed on the last weekend in July.
Programming includes the musical production, training in theater, music, and dance, academic instruction from, professional educators, PSAT/SAT preparation, science experiments, arts and crafts, and field trips. Past musicals include Once on This Island (2022) and Sister Act (2021). Summer camp is offered at no cost to families.
Students have access to homework help, quiet study time and one-on-one tutoring.
Students meet weekly with a mentor from the community to get advice and insights on any topic.
Students have access to expertise and support in college essays, SAT/ACT tests, admissions and financial aid.
Students have access to pianos for practice and assistance with practice techniques.
Students attend cooking and gardening classes, visit museums, and participate in clubs including Odyssey of the Mind.
Students support the local Rotary Club, and the Friendship House to provide hospitality to our homeless neighbors.